Porthmeor Artists' Studios
Fisherman John Pearce who uses cellar 4.
Originally built to house the wares of pilchard fishermen, artists moved in to the building in the 1890's. For over 100 years the building has remained virtually untouched. The artists still coexist with the fishermen, painting in the lofts above while the fishermen mend their nets and store their fishing gear in the cellars below. Now undergoing much needed renovation, Porthmeor Artist's Studios is a microcosm of St Ives two main industries past and present.